Thank you for being generous White Rock & area! Your donated items change lives. Good quality items, or gently worn fashions, make a world of difference!
At the store: 1524 Foster Street, White Rock
Donation Drop-Off Hours
Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am – 3:00pm
* closed Sundays and Holidays
We gratefully receive the following clean, gently used items:
Bedding, linens, and towels
Books, records, CDs, DVDs, games
Clothing and accessories for women, men, and youth
Craft items, notions, yarn, and fabrics
Furniture, including desks, tables, cabinets, hutches, chairs, and (upon inspection) cushioned furniture
Home furnishings, including pictures, frames, lamps, and décor items
Sporting goods (sorry, no helmets of any kind)
Small, working household appliances (coffee makers, blenders, irons, mixers, toasters, etc.)
Yard and garden items
Christmas and other seasonal items
- Shopping bags of all sizes
Are you downsizing? Moving? Packing up an estate? We are able to come on site and provide an assessment to help facilitate your decision making. WorldServe Thrift contracts a local moving service for large-item pick-up in the South Surrey-White Rock area.
- Computers, monitors, and all parts (Please take these to your local bottle depot for recycling.)
- Televisions (Please take these to your local bottle depot for recycling)
- Mattresses (Recycled through City of Surrey OR Canadian Mattress Recycling Co., or can be taken to landfill site)
- Infant clothing and furniture (0-36 mths), including walkers, cribs, car seats, booster seats, playpens
- Home renovation/fixture items: cabinets, windows, doors, door frames
- Fixtures: toilets, tubs, sinks, vanity units
- Large appliances: refrigerators, freezers, gas stoves, washers, etc.
- Chemicals: pesticides of any kind, household chemicals or liquids, e.g., Ajax®, Drano®, bleach, etc.
- No bicycles, tricycles
- No mechanized exercise equipment pieces
Sorry, we do NOT handle TVs OR computers, monitors, stereo components, speaker systems more than 5 years old.
Please recycle them at your local Encorp Bottle return locations. Go to http://www.return-it.ca/recycling/
Unfortunately, our store does NOT have the capacity to handle these items.
You may wish to consider donating these to Habitat for Humanity ReStore: http://www.habitat.ca/en/community/restores
We do NOT handle any mattresses for hygiene reasons. We suggest one of the following options:
- Canadian Mattress Recycling company: http://canadianmattressrecycling.com
- Furniture Recycling: http://canadianmattressrecycling.com/furniture-recycling-2/
- If you live in City of Surrey, you may qualify for free large item pickups of four (4) per household per year. For details: http://www.surrey.ca/city-services/4550.aspx
- If you live in the City of Delta, follow the links on this page: http://www.corp.delta.bc.ca/EN/main/residents/garbage.html
- If you live in the City of Langley, residents have the following options: http://www.city.langley.bc.ca/images/Brochures/mattress_recycling_rates.pdf
- Landfill sites in Metro Vancouver, Solid Waste & Recycling: http://www.metrovancouver.org/services/solidwaste/disposal/Pages/disposalfacilities.aspx
We love what R.E.C. for Kids does - recycling equipment and cycles for kids!
We cannot accept these items, and recommend contacting R.E.C. to arrange your donations to them.
You cleaned out the garage and have paint, chemicals, drywall, and car batteries.
Sorry, we cannot receive these items.
These are considered hazardous products and are NOT accepted at the store NOR in landfill sites.
Please link here for complete details: rcbc.bc.ca/recyclepedia
What do we do with our old toaster, blender & vacuum cleaner that no long work?
Please recycle properly. Small Appliances and hand tools that no longer work can be recycled here: http://www.electrorecycle.ca/
Electro recycle accepts more than 300 electrical products, ranging from electric toothbrushes and countertop microwaves to hand-held drills and treadmills. See complete listing here: http://www.electrorecycle.ca/#accepted-products
THANK YOU for taking the time to recycle properly.